Friday, July 18, 2014

Scrappin' is A Piece of Cake

Hello fellow scrappers..

Today I am here to share a few layouts Ive made (back in may) with the April Main and Cupcake kits from A Piece of Cake Designs
Grab a cuppa and have a read 

Up first are 2 layouts of my nephews made using the Main kit

YOU ARE SIX
I really liked the colours of this paper, but wanted the photo to stand out more than it did, so I went to town with some gesso and navy colour shine. Ive layered up the chevron bag, a piece of stars vellum and some pattern papers under my photo. Embellishments and alpha tiles are all from the Main kit. 
A few ink splatters and some banners made from the paper title strips and its complete..

The second page made with the main kit is
CUTE PUPPY
 Super simple 8.5x11 page made using strips of vellum and pattern paper as the base. Kraft and pattern papers as the photo mat, and a whole lot of MOTEX and alpha fun for the title! 
Embellished with sequins and sticky buttons from the kit.


Next up..  2 layouts made with the Cupcake kit

I was Inspired by THIS  layout made by Lisa Pate - APOCD design team member
So I thought, why not try scrap lifting 
YOU ARE ONE
For this layout I thought I would try my hand at some brush script. This cupcake kit came with some black gauche and a Sumi brush, so it was the perfect time to try out this popular technique. 
Its not a perfect example of how brush script should look, but I tried it, I liked it, and its done!
I've used an APOCD exclusive mask and some whipped spackle for the background, and sprayed with some citrus and teal colour shine (that you can hardly see lol) Different sized pieces of the 6x6 papers have been distressed and layered up, with a glitter frame and pretty doily. Then minimal embellishing from pieces in the kit 

Last but not least for this post
TOTALLY BRILLIANT
excuse the spelling mistake
Another 8.5x11 page. I like to mix up the sizes of pages to keep it interesting within our albums 
The background was made with some white cardstock and purple vellum (not part of the kit), and a few rough brush strokes of black gauche. Like the previous layout, Ive distressed and layered up different sized pieces of the pattern papers within the kit as a photo mat, then finished off the page with stickers from the Heidi Swapp pack within the kit

Thats all for today, thanks for hanging in there
I will be back to share more tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x