Friday, June 2, 2017

You Make My Heart Sing | Scrap The Girls


Hello Hello! Yesterday, if you're a follower of Scrap The Girls challenge blog, you would have seen the new challenge announced? This month is a fun sketch that I had some fun creating with, along with the Wild at Heart collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio and some of the new Creative Cuts from D-lish Scraps.

Here's a look at the sketch, including the flipped around version that I based my layout on..


I originally had started placing things down in the original form of the sketch, then things took a turn and ended up like this..


I kept the main floral cluster partly embellishment free as there was just so much going on in the one spot, and I really like how its all layered together 😃 I backed pieces of the flowers cuts with scraps of pattern papers from the collection, and also used some larger scraps to build up the layers behind the photos.


My printer has been printing photo's in some pretty odd colours lately, but until we can afford to replace it, I'm running with its craziness lol

Here's a look at the dimension created with the floral cluster by using foam tape, lots of foam tape lol


I've used a sticker and chipboard piece to create the title, again going for something that didn't stand out too much or compete with the large cluster


I tucked in a couple of glitter dots for some added sparkle


and lastly created a little cluster with some die cute pieces in the ephemera pack.

That's all from me today! Be sure to stop by the Scrap the Girls blog to see all the other DT member creations!

Until next time, Happy Scrapping
Michelle x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x