Monday, March 27, 2017

Spread your wings | D-lish Scraps

Hi Scrappy Friends! I'm back today with a new layout share for D-lish Scraps featuring this months Just Add Paper kit - Pretty In Pink. We all know I love me some pink, and butterflies, so what better kit than this to get my scrap on!

I wanted to make a feature with all the butterflies from the printed vellum sheet, so I've chosen a photo to document of Leila wearing her own wings that works perfect with a butterfly theme. I've fussy cut all the butterflies from the sheet, then layered a few together to create some dimension. This took some time, but they look so pretty once complete. Next I grabbed a pre-cut and backed cut file (from The Cut Shoppe) that was sitting in my stash waiting for the right layout, then went a little embellishment crazy with all the bits from the kit..


 I've used some complimenting papers under the photo to make it stand out a little more, and tucked in a few Journalling tabs and a piece of doily for some added layers.


Here's a closer look at the little cluster I created using some twisted twine, a flair button, layered butterfly and some pretty pearls from the kit

The other cluster towards the top right made of more of the layered butterflies, another flair from the kit, a sprinkling of pretty pearls and a bow made from twine. I also added in a couple of co-ordinating Forget me not flowers to add a touch of floral.


I've used some Maggie Holmes alpha stickers to create the title, while also adding a touch of gold to all the pink white and black.

Although this is the last cluster I'm sharing, it was actually the very first part of the layout I created. I've overlapped the Journal It spots over some washi tape, added the ribbon bow, glitter heart, some more twine from the packaging, a couple of the fussy cut & layered butterflies, Forget me not blooms and a few more pretty pearls from the kit.

Well, that's all from me today. I hope you've found this creation inspiring. Be sure to share your creations with us over in the Scrap Suite - our D-lish Scraps Facebook group.

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x