Saturday, March 25, 2017

Just Be You | Cocoa Vanilla Studio



Hi Everyone! Today I'm sharing a new layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio featuring the beautiful Wild at Heart Collection. I thought for this layout I would showcase the awesome new Chipboard Frames, by sharing a way to use loads of them in a grid style layout.


The photo's I've chosen to document had me stepping back in time, as they're a couple of selfies of Leila and I from back in 2013. Back when front facing cameras weren't as good as they are these days, and when those cheeks were so much more squishable lol

To start the layout I played around with placement of the different frames in the pack. I chose colours and designs that complimented each other, along with the background paper "Artisan" and set them out in a grid style design with some diagonal elements. I've layered pieces from the "Patchwork" paper behind the 2 smallest frames and a quote card from the "Fussy Cuts" paper in the other larger frame to use as a title. Under the 2 frames with photos I've added some doilies, a label from the "Fussy Cuts" paper and some complimenting die cut flowers from the Ephemera pack. Around the remainder of the page I've balanced out the embellishments using some  Accessory stickers, chipboard stickers, fussy Cut butterflies from the "Mariposa" Paper, a couple of Flair Buttons and some of my favourite Glitter enamel dots.

I'm really happy with the finished layout. It all came together better than I'd pictured in my head. Lets take a closer look..


Love the mixed media feel the Artisan paper gives, enabling the user to create something magical without the mess


I'm finding I use quote cards or sentiment strips as Titles more and more these days, keeping an already busy page less cluttered.


I know I say it all the time, but I'm really loving the florals in the collections. The perfect finishing touch to mini clusters



And lastly these frames, they would have to be my most favourite part of the layout, apart from the photos. A good balance of colours and patterns that blend in together without overpowering the layout.

Well, thats all from me today. Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope this layout and the use of frames has inspired you with your next creations. Be sure to share what you make with us in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Community group on Facebook, or by using the hashtag #cocoavanillastudio on Instagram.

Until Next Time, Happy Scrapping!

Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x