Saturday, April 1, 2017

My Turn | Scrap The Girls


Hi Everyone! It's that time of the month when those of us on the Scrap The Girls DT get to share the brand new challenge board. This month it's a pretty sweet Colour challenge. Here's a look at the board..


Soft and subtle mix of blue & green, even though some say they should never been seen. However this mix of hues work so well together, especially mixed with white. Plenty of white..


I knew exactly which photo I was turning too once I saw the colours to use. This photo has been scrapped before, however I was unhappy with the end result. Much more happy with how this looks. I chose a mix of pattern papers from my rainbow stash, and backed multiple different sized Camera cut files from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I placed them along the page in a diagonal design with the photo towards the middle. I also added a few cut butterflies that were left over from a recent layout made for The Cut Shoppe. I felt these were a good finishing touch that would tie all the elements together



I'd chosen the camera design to tie in with the accidental Selfie photo, and the butterflies to represent the nature element thats also shown in the photo. All of which made for a pretty layout of my girl. 

Here's some close ups..



I kept the embellishments to a bare minimum as I felt the page itself was already quite busy with cameras and butterflies. I've mainly used enamel dots and the off cuts of hearts from the cameras around the page, with the addition of the cute bow clip and paper flowers from D-lish Scraps.



The title is made from puffy alpha stickers that can also be found in the D-lish Scraps store.


Well thats all form me today, I hope this has inspired you in some way. Be sure to share your creations with us at Scrap The Girls, you never know when you might win something!

Until Next Time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x