Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Hello You Sweet Thing | Scrap The Girls

What the heck Everyone! Its November!!
New month = New challenge at Scrap the Girls, with this month being a sketch. You can see the sketch a little further down, however I'm too excited to share what I created with it!

I am LOVING this new collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Make a Wish. The colours are so bright and beautiful! Perfect for scrapping Leila photos..

Here's the sketch we have for you all this month

I can't help myself! I had to rotate.. Using a sketch as its presented is very rare for me, but its also a fun challenge to see where it takes me. I can't wait to see what you all create with it!

I ended up adding extra embellishments to create a diagonal element to the layout, something I find myself doing quite often. I'm loving all the different types of embellishments within the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Collections lately too, so much variety!

It's been a while since I created multiple layers behind a photo, so this was quite fun, and came together quite fast. 

I've been switching up the way I add little details to layouts. Whether it be the way I adhere embellishments to the page with tiny staples, the distressing of paper edges, or adding slight dimension to die cuts with foam tape. 

And lastly a few sentences to tell the story of the moment. The photo was taken towards the middle of the Kinder term, when Leila was having a rough time saying goodbye at drop off time. We got through it all with a little help from her friend George, and maybe a few extra cuddles from her Kindy teacher..

Thats all from me today. 
I hope you get the chance to join in on this fun challenge over at Scrap The Girls. Please share your creations with us! We love to see what you all make.

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x