Friday, September 2, 2016

Girls Day Out | D-lish Scraps

Hello Hello. Today I'm here to share my first layout for D-lish Scraps this month. I'm documenting a cute photo of Leila and our friend Charlotte during a Girls Day out date. I love the soft feminine colours of the Bloom collection by Maggie Holmes as they've blended perfectly with the products in the D-lish Shop

I've been quite inspired by so many circular style layouts lately, especially the Stretch your Sketch series by Ashley Horton & Missy Whidden. This layout was inspired by the sketch they've created for that series.  And as I've used quite a few pattern papers on the background design, I kept the embellishing to a minimum. I really love how its all turned out. 

Here's some close ups..

I added some extra texture to each of the circles with some machine stitching, and set the embellishments out in small grouped clusters

To ensure the Kaisercraft Alpha stickers stay put, I've sewed through each line.

I'm trying my best to add some form of journalling to each page I create. Sometimes it's not always possible, but a sentence or 2 are all thats needed.

I layered the photo stack with a doily and added a Corbett Creation Bow to the bottom left corner of the photo. I also added a hint of gold sparkle with some glitter paste

The embellishments I've repeated within the clusters are: Paper FlowersResin flowersWood veneer hearts, and 2 flair buttons. I've also tucked in some die cuts from the Bloom collection Ephemera pack, and a wordfetti strip.


Thats all from me today, Thanks so much for stopping by.
Back tomorrow with my second creation
Until then, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x