Thursday, September 1, 2016

Birthday Girl | Scrap The Girls

Hello!! Welcome back to my blog. It's been a couple of weeks between posts, so I'm back with something new!

Today is the start of a new month, which means its time for a new challenge with Scrap the Girls. This month is a sketch, and I can't wait to see how everyone else interprets it.

I've used the new Love Always collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio for this layout. The soft pastel tones are just beautiful, and suited the photo quite well.

Here's a look at the sketch

As per most sketches, I couldn't help it. I had to rotate it and I came up with this..

The photo I've documented is from Leila's first Birthday, almost 5 years ago. Can't believe how fast the time is flying. That little cutie starts school next year!

To create the splattered effect I've used a cut file design from The Cut Shoppe with die cuts from the Ephemera pack in the Cocoa Vanilla collection

Love the floral designs within each of the Cocoa Vanilla collections, these however take the cake! LOVE!!


I've stitched through the alpha stickers to ensure they stay put, but also for a little added texture and detail on the page

and lastly the final splattered cluster.. 

Really really happy with this layout, its so soft and pretty and a perfect way to document this precious moment. 

That's all for today. Be sure to check out the Scrap the Girls blog to see what the other team members have made. And don't forget to share your creations with us!

Until tomorrow, Happy Scrapping
Michelle x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x