Monday, November 18, 2019

CUT to YOU | Oh What Fun


Hello Crafty friends! I'm back here today with my 2nd share for CUT to YOU this month and boy am I excited about this one! I got myself into the Christmas spirit well and truly with this cut file and I absolutely LOVE how it all came together.



I've used the Christmas Tree Row from last months release after being inspired by a layout made by our one and only Boss Lady, Gwen. I increased the size of the design in Silhouette Studio and cut it out on white cardstock before cutting the design in half to layer under the photo I chose.


Our cheeky house Elf gave us a not so subtle hint to decorate the tree last year and Leila thought it was hilarious! I chose the collection I've used based solely on the colours from the photo, which are all very bright and christmasy.



I've used 6x6 papers from the Merry Little Christmas collection by Pebbles to back all the trees. I adhered the tree cluster to the left of the photo using foam tape, then did the same with the trees on the right. The photo is popped up slightly higher using a piece of foam sheet. I didn't layer any more pattern papers under the photo as I felt it looked best without


I added gold and silver glitter paper to the stars on top of the trees, adhered with tiny staples, then layered a second star on top of the first to give them a little extra dimension


I kept the embellishing very simple with just a couple of ephemera pieces and a gold puffy letter title. The red HOHOHO strip was from the bottom of the candy stripe paper that I used to matt the white cardstock within the wash tapes layered bottom right of the photo are from the same collection.



Well thats all from me today. Short and sweet, but so much fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to pop into the CUT to YOU HQ to share the love of all things CTY and don't forget to tag us on instagram when you've created with our files.

Until next time, happy scrapping
Michelle x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x