Friday, October 4, 2019

CUT to YOU | Take photos

Hello scrappy friends I'm back today with a new layout to share for CUT to YOU. I have a new layout to share with you all featuring some of our brand new floral designs released this month. I've used both the Floral Bouquet set and Floral Bouquet frame to create this sweet layout of Leila on her 1st birthday.



I chose both the frame and individual bouquet set to combine together as I wanted to layer the larger florals over the top of the frame and create something similar to a shadow box. To do this I enlarged the frame to just over 9 inches in silhouette studio and erased the outer edge border so that it created a larger inner frame around the page. I resized the large floral from the bouquet set to a slightly smaller size than the largest floral piece of the frame then cut all the pieces out on white cardstock.



I cut the separate piece of florals twice so that I could make use of both the flowers and leaf stems in different ways. Once I had all the pieces cut individually I backed the main frame and extra flowers vellum and left the extra leaf stems untouched



I adhered the extra flower pieces to the frame using tiny amounts of foam tape and bent the leaf stems for extra dimension before adhering with tacky glue.



I chose a super sweet photo of Leila from her first birthday and brought it all together with the stunning Unforgettable collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. The perfect accompaniment to the floral cut files



I layered the cardstock frame with a floral wreath pattern paper to make it look like one big cluster of florals and tucked in extra ephemera to compliment the cut files



I added a little extra piece to the edge of the photo that was from the bottom of the frame and would have been hidden from sight.



Lastly a massive splattering of gold colour shine and some enamel dots and I thought it was complete. I tried to work out a large title for the layout, but felt it would overpower the softness of the white on white cut files and all the pretty florals.



Well thats all from me today, Thanks so much for stopping by!

Be sure to check in with us in the CUT to YOU HQ facebook group and share all the things you love about CTY. Also be sure to pop by the shop and check out all the new cut files HERE.

As always, happy Scrapping!
Michelle x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x