Friday, October 11, 2019

Cocoa Vanilla Studio | Shine Bright

Hello there! I'm back today sharing a new layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using both the new collection Unforgettable and the FREE Cut files designed by Gwen. LOVE LOVE LOVE the designs within the set, especially the circle of hearts design. This whole layout came together pretty quickly by cutting one main floral piece, 1 massive cut file and then tucking random bits here and there.


I started by cutting the design out in silhouette studio using the reverse of the GARLAND paper and then adhering it flat to the white cardstock using the centre edge only. I curled all the hearts up for a touch of dimension. Next I fussy cut the entire wreath design from the same paper and adhered this to the bottom half of the cut file using foam tape.


When it came to the photo I didn't want it to stand out or compete with the florals, I felt it needed to blend together so I printed it out in black and white. I chose a close up photo of Leila from a few years back as its one of my very favourites. I backed the photo using the woodgrain pattern of the NATURAL BEAUTY paper plus a couple of off cut strips from the 6x8 paper stack I used on previous layouts. I tucked the right side of the photo under the layers of florals and ephemera pieces. I also added a couple of the leaf strand cut files from the FREE SET.


To the left of the photo I added the title using the new foam title words and a stack more bits from the ephemera pack, a flair button, clear sticker and enamel dots to mirror the opposite side of the layout.


Once I felt the entire circular design was a good balance of florals and colours I splattered it all with gold colour shine, including the photo as I ALWAYS forget to cover it up. Super happy with how this turned out, pretty similar to the idea I had in mind when I started which is pretty good. It doesn't usually run so smoothly HAHA

Well thats all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to pop by our facebook group to chat all things CVS and don't forget to download the FREE cut files!!

Until next time, Happy Scrapping

Michelle xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x