Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Cocoa Vanilla Studio | So Beautiful

Hello Scrappy friends! I'm back here today with a new layout share for Cocoa Vanilla Studio featuring the stunning UNFORGETTABLE collection. I've stepped back in time with a couple of super cute photos of Leila that I wanted to re-document and reminisce over. That cute little face really loved posing for the camera back then, not so much these days unless bribery is used HAHA


I challenged myself to use only pattern papers from the 6x8 paper stack fore this layout and I think I did well creating a simple stack of layered patterns as the base for the layout. I really love the smaller designs as you can cram more of them onto a page together. 



I distressed the edges of the papers, roughly tore the text pattern rather than cutting and adhered them all flat to the page before folding up the edged slightly to add some slight dimension. I also added a piece of foam sheet to the back of the framed photo to raise it slightly higher than all the rest and layered it together with one of my favourite doilies. 



I felt like this layout didn't need a large title to take the focus away from the sweet photos. Instead I've created a large 'cluster' of florals and ephemera pieces and used a black banner tag for the title name.



To the top right of the photos I've added in a smaller cluster using similar items to the larger group. I follow this design technique on most of my layouts to create balance and direct flow of the layout (if thats even a thing as honestly I just go with the flow and slap things here and there HAHA). Lastly I added a few splatters of gold ink and called it done. Super quick and easy this layout was to create, which I love! I hope you enjoy it just as much as I do.



Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check into the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Community Facebook Groupto share the love of all things CVS.

Until next time, Happy Scrapping
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x