Wednesday, September 18, 2019

CUT to YOU | Precious Moments

Hello Friends, I'm back here today with a new layout share for CUT to YOU. I've jumped back to last months release and chosen a fun cut file called Burst Circles that was just singing out to be used.


I chose to document a photo of Leila from a recent trip to the Zoo. We had so much fun that day, and this little lady just LOVED posing for pictures time and time again. I can say that her 2 front teeth are FINALLY making a breakthrough after almost 8 months of non existence.


To start the layout I worked in Silhouette Studio to resize the entire file so that only 3 of the larger circular designs (lets call them sunburst circles) were the main focus. I played around with different ways to present them on the layout before cutting all the pieces out on white cardstock then cutting each individual circular piece so that I could layer them in different ways across the page.


I've used the newer 'Just a little Lovely' collection from PinkFresh Studio to compliment the burst circles design. I've backed the 'sunbursts' with a blue and white floral pattern paper and adhered them to the layout using foam tape, then layered the full circular bursts under each piece at random. I also adhered the negative circular pieces around the page and sewed through a couple using machine and thread.

I added the photo to the larger of the 3 sunbursts which is also backed with a pattern paper from the collection, layered with a couple of ephemera pieces and adhered to the page using more foam tape.


To the left of the layout on the middle size sunburst I have added an ephemera piece, fussy cut florals and a title. I've created smaller clusters diagonally across the page from each other using embellishments to compliment the cut file design.


Once the layout was complete I've splattered gold colour shine, added a few enamel dots and a date stamp.


Well folks thats all from me today. Before I go heres a few friendly reminders.... 
Be sure to check in with us in the CUT to YOU facebook group where we welcome all crafters to share their love of CTY. Plus theres just been a new release in the CUT to YOU STORE


Also If you're not already subscribed to our newsletter you really should be. Its released twice per month and always contains a FREE cut file for you to use. Heres a sneak peek of what you may have missed in the current edition


and a link for you to follow HERE so that you can sign up and never miss another freebie again!

Until next time, Happy Scrapping

Michelle xx








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x