Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Captured | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hello friends its Michelle here today with my very first layout share using the BRAND NEW Unforgettable collection. This collection is absolutely STUNNING and was so hard to chop in to, but oh so fun in the end.



I've chosen a sweet photo from Christmas in 2011 of my sweet Leila and Grandma reading together. Its hard to believe that this quick moment captured was from almost 8 years ago. To create the layout I chose a cut file from CUT to YOU and cut it out twice on white cardstock, then cut the florals individually off the frame they were attached to. I backed each piece using the SPRIGHTLY, LACEWING, GLORIOUS and GARLAND patterns from the 6x8 paper stack before layering them randomly and adhering with different forms of adhesive for multiple heights of dimension. I also added in a sprinkling of florals from the ephemera pack.


I used a couple of different patterns from the PRETTY BITS & STORY TELLER cut apart sheets to layer with the photo then adhered this stack to the page with a large foam square to raise it slightly higher than the floral cluster


I added the foam title piece to the top of the photo and altered it slightly using white paint so that it wasn't so dark. I also did the same to the other smaller black foam hearts I added to the clusters.

The top of the layout looked a little bare so I've created a mini cluster combining a matching ephemera piece and sticker to create a larger looking flag to combine with a smaller floral cut file piece and the moments banner from a cut apart sheet.


Along the bottom of the layout I've incorporated a strip of the SPRIGHTLY paper with some text from the PRETTY BITS paper, a few ephemera florals, cut file bits and some enamel dots that are also sprinkled here and there


Lastly a good splattering of gold ink and a tiny amount of handwritten journalling to complete the layout.

Well folks thats all from me today, Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you've enjoyed seeing my first layout using our super new UNFORGETTABLE collection. Cant wait to see what you all create with it once it lands on all your doorsteps!

Until Next time, Happy Scrapping

Michelle xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x