Saturday, July 1, 2017

You are so Beautiful | Scrap the Girls

HI Everyone! It's the start of a new month which means its time to share the newest challenge for Scrap The Girls. This month is a mood board, which initially I struggled with as the theme it focuses on is the complete opposite to what I am normally inspired by. I was so far out of my comfort zone I didn't think I would be able to think of anything to create, let alone finish something in time. However I did manage to create something by drawing on a few ideas that were represented on the board. 

Here's a look at the board

and here's a closer look at what I came up with..


I've used the Wild at Heart collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio, which to me represented a good chunk of the colours within the board. I was going for shades of darker blues/denims, hints of bronze/gold, pops of redish pink combined with the use of feathers and metals. I think I managed to create something pretty decent with all those elements, while still keeping with the usual style of my layouts.


I also felt the board had a 'one of a kind' uplifting vibe kind of feel to it, so I mixed in plenty of quote and sentiment stickers across the layout, and chose a photo of Leila that fit into that theme.

I've used some feathers and metal charms from my stash and attached them to the bottom of a heart from a journal card within the Wild at Heart collection. The dangling effect it created reminds me of a dream catcher, another thing that the board made me think of.


I mixed together wood veneer words and tiny word stickers from the same collection to create the title, and popped the word Beautiful up off the page using some foam tape.


Lastly a few glitter dots scattered and some butterflies and I called it done. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, be sure to check out the Scrap The Girls blog to see other creations by the Design Team.

Until next time, Happy Scrapping
Michelle xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x