Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Good Books | D-lish Scraps

Hi Everyone! I'm back here today with a new layout share for D-lish Scraps featuring some of the new Creative Cuts. The hearts I've chosen to use are so pretty and delicate looking, and a perfect finish to this simple layout.


This was a super quick layout to create using scraps of pattern papers from a previous layout and a little less dimension than I usually create with. The only things I've raised off the page are the Creative Cuts as I stuck the photos straight to the background paper rather than popping them up with foam like I would normally. I kept to a diagonal/grid design, and made sure to replicate similar clusters top and bottom to ensure the page looked balanced. In the top left and bottom right of the 'grid' I've allowed for space to add photos and the title, and added machine stitching along edges of the papers and through the puffy alphabet letters to ensure they all stay stuck! 

I'm really happy with how it turned out. Here's a closer look..

Up in this corner I've layered in a couple of Journal It's (Tab and the Round & Round), some Forget me not flowers and a carnation. I've also added some twine to the heart, an enamel dot and a sequin from my stash.


The top of the left photo has a little ombre wordfetti piece along with some glitter enamel dots..

To replicate the top cluster I've used the same flowers along with another Round & Round Journal It, an ombre wordfetti strip and more twine to tie the 2 hearts together.

Lastly the title, made up of typed text and puffy alphabet stickers. Its a little play on the Dr Seuss rhyming which ties in with the photos, and is a perfect representation of Leila's current love of books!

Well thats all from me today, I hope this has given you a daily dose of Inspiration. 

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x