Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Lush Lemon Layout

A quick post to share a layout I created this morning featuring the Lemon Lush papers from Studio Calico. These papers were part of the gorgeous March Cupcake kit from A Piece of Cake Designs.

The idea for this layout came to mind at midnight just before falling asleep, It actually turned out better than I had pictured. Hope you like it


I started with the Teresa Collins hearts mask and the twinkling h20 pot and went to work adding random hearts around the Kraft paper. I then hand cut strips of different sizes from the 6x6 papers within the kit and overlapped them along the page, and sewed them down with my trusty (dusty) sewing machine. I layered the photo on top of some vellum and more pattern papers, stapled the XOXO and stuck down some sequins and stars and called it done :) Although I think it needs some journalling somewhere..

The photo was taken this morning while I was starting the page, I had a different photo in  mind to use, but this view right here is something we see regularly in this house. Leila still in PJs wearing a xmas Tutu and her 'dancing shoes'. Normally she's dancing around to Angelina Ballerina, however this morning it was all about the new talking Cat app on the tablet (It repeats everything you say and came pre loaded on the kids tablet).

There are still a couple of kits remaining in the store HERE Head on over and snap one up before they all disappear. I can't wait to see what else my imagination creates with this kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x