Saturday, June 29, 2013

Life.Paper.Scrapbook Issue 2

Issue #2 of the Online Life.Paper.Scrapbook Magazine has gone live!! Check it out HERE
There is a fantastic mix of projects and designers in this edition

Thought I might share a more detailed post of the layout I submitted as part of the Design Team.

I have used papers and embellishments from the Studio Calico Atlantic Collection. LOVE LOVE LOVE the colours and designs in amongst the papers
I cut down a 12x12 piece of 'South Hampton' paper (pink side) to 8.5x11". Im finding that I like making more layouts in this size than any other as the page doesn't look as bare if Im using a smaller photo.

The other papers Ive layered up under the photo are from the 6x6 paper pad. I also added some vellum from a previous SC release and the 'Love you' tab is from a journalling card from the Sundrifter collection (also by Studio Calico)

Another technique I find myself using on pretty much all of my layouts is distressing the edges of photos and papers. Ive got an old pair of blunt scissors which I run along the edges of the paper, and a nail file for the edges of photos.

The thickers used are from the 'Yes Please' collection by Amy Tangerine. (Chip thickers Goodness/Watercolour)

Other embellishments Ive used are the Cork Arrows, Circle stickers and Glitter stars from the Atlantic Collection, plus a doily and some scattered sequins from my stash.

Stay tuned for more details on the Project Life layout I had featured with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x