Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Cocoa Vanilla Studio | Merry & Bright



Hi Everyone I'm back today with a new festive share for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I've used the Unforgettable collection to document a sweet moment of Leila in front of the Christmas tree last year, right before she ripped into all the presents. The colours within this collection are perfect for documenting any occasion, even Christmas!


I chose a fun BIG cut file from CUT to YOU to used as the base of this layout and backed the open pieces of the letters using papers from the 6x8 paper stack. Perfect small designs that work wonderfully with intricate cut files. I couldn't choose one pattern to be the backing piece for the layout, so I chose the PRETTY BITS paper for all its wonderful colourful designs and added some of the grey GLORIOUS in place of the butterflies.


The patterns I used to back the cut file with are SPRIGHTLYNATURAL BEAUTYGARLANDGLORIOUSLACEWING & STORY TELLER


Once all three of the main parts to the layout were sandwiched together ( cut file, cardstock and backing pattern paper) I added the photo and embellishments. I added a couple of layers behind the photo to tie all the colours together - FORGET ME NOT, STORY TELLER & LACEWING

These are from the smaller 6x8 paper stack with the addition of the pink ephemera piece and heart from a previous cut file. The floral piece at the top of the photo has been fussy cut from the 6x8 glorious paper


I added one main floral cluster to the left of the photo using the large floral ephemera piece and a couple of extras tucked under and adhered with different foam tape. This added slight dimension at different heights to really make the layers pop.


Along the bottom of the cut file I added an extra floral piece, cut apart wordaccessory stickerclear sticker and some enamel dots. Lastly a splattering of gold ink and I called it done.

Well thats all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed seeing my take on a bright pretty Christmas layout, without the use of traditional colours.

Until next time, happy scrapping
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x