Monday, March 25, 2019

Happy Times | CVS Happiness Collection

Hello Scrappy friends it's Michelle back here today with a new layout share. I've used the wonderful new Happiness collection that most certainly makes me oh so happy to create! Have I told you how much I'm loving these fresh bright colours?




For todays creation I've focused on using the large die cut and backing kit a little differently to how is was designed. Still a super simple layout to recreate so make sure to share with us if you do.
To start I cut out all the woodgrain pattern from the backing sheet and added in the hearts paper from the 6x8 paper pad. Next I adhered the die cut piece to the backing sheet then cut the large heart piece out before adding detail with machine stitching. I added foam sheets to the back of the heart and adhered the large piece to the white cardstock.




Next was the photo, chosen for its bright colours to match the collection, taken at Leila's birthday back in December with some fun photo props. Then I fell into old habits and created a diagonal design layout using ephemera pieces and foam tape for dimension. It seems to be my go to layout design with large die cuts, I just can't help it HAHA




Love me some pretty floral pieces!!!




Last of all I added a couple of extra pieces from the ephemera pack to create the larger title cluster, added some hand written journalling and  then sprinkled gold colour shine all over the layout to finish it off.




Well thats all from me today. I hope you've enjoyed seeing my take on a different way to use the large die cut and backing kit.
Until next time, happy Scrapping!
Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x