Friday, December 8, 2017

All kinds of CRAZY | D-lish Scraps

Hi Everyone, I'm back here today with a closer look at my Inspiration Board layout for D-lish Scraps. This was definitely a challenge and one that I had to re-do multiple times as it just didn't look quite right. The board we've shared this month was super inspiring and I just couldn't work out the right mix of elements until I came up with this creation...


This child of mine is a total crack up! Loves to dress up in such wonderful outfits, more recently being her mermaid costume with a sparkly wig and McHappy Day socks HAHA The photo itself was the perfect combination of colours to compliment the colour palette within the board, but proved to be a real tricky one to create around. 

Heres another look at the board


I took my main inspiration from the sketch which I've rotated to the left, the bunches of flowers and the circular elements in the middle right hand side. I did try to attempt loads of circles with this layout rather than the strips of pattern papers, but man oh man was it a bad combination HAHA

Heres some close ups


Loving these Canvas pick n place bows, they've got a nice sturdy texture to them with the slightest hint of shimmery sparkle to them, perfect for layering into clusters. I've punched circles from an Amy Tangerine collection to use around the layout, and added machine stitching for added texture. Also in this cluster is a Little Birdie beaded micro petal flower and resin glitter dot


Under the photo I've added some white cardstock and ran some of the thin washi tape from the Hello Sugar JAP kit around the edges. I've layered these with a doily and tucked in pieces of Journal its that I've been hoarding for so long, and some Ombre wordfetti.


That face HAHA
To the right of the photo I've added another punched circle, a flair button and ombre wordfetti piece.



In the main cluster I've grouped a mix of new and older flowers from the D-lish store plus more Little birdie flowers, some coloured leaves, a floral creative cutombre wordfetti piece and another resin glitter dot.


Heres a different angle to see the dimension all these pretty bits give to the layout.


I've continued the circle elements over on the right hand side and included another resin glitter dot, Little birdie flowerombre wordfetti and an enamel heart.


And lastly a mixed element title using thickers and stickers from my stash to finish it all off. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today, be sure to share your own creations with us over on the link up tool on the main D-lish blog, or within the Scrap Suite Facebook group. We love to see them!

Until next time, Happy Scrapping
Michelle xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x