Tuesday, August 1, 2017

You're Weird & Wonderful | Scrap the Girls

Hello! It's the start of a new month, which always means its time for a NEW challenge at Scrap the Girls. This month was another challenging one, but it all turned out great in the end!

All shades of grey were needed, and a fun photo of Leila to match.

I started with the title in mind - large, different fonts and types of alphas. I used 2 different fonts in Silhouette Studio, cut them out and backed with some grey pattern paper from my stash. All pattern papers were in my extras stash without name strips so I've got no idea where they came from lol

Next I figured out the photo and the layers under neath and matched them up with the pattern paper around the edges of the layout. A good mix of greys used to ensure balance across the layout.

Here's a look at the mood board we had to be inspired by. Apart from the colours we needed to use, I chose the You're Weird slogan on the t-shirt to base the title from.


Here's some close ups...

The photo I chose was of Leila earlier this year, being her usual fun self. I love capturing little moments like these that don't necessarily have a meaning, but are always fun to look back on.

I've made the feathers using pattern papers and a feather punch by Fiskars, and dipped into my D-lish stash to finish off the clusters either side of the layout. Here I've used a flair button, forget me not flower (and another I can't remember the name of) enamel dots and a glitter thicker asterisk to finish it off.

Along with the cut file words, I've added some puffy alphas from D-lish Scraps along with some older Basic grey stickers to create the title. I stitched through the stickers to keep them adhered to the page for years to come.


Love these sequin bows from D-lish, and those white flowers are the perfect touch to balance out the greys. 

Thats all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by!
Be sure to stop by the Scrap the Girls blog to see what the other team members have created!

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x