Friday, June 23, 2017

You & Me | D-lish Scraps

Hi Everyone, I'm back today with a new layout share for D-lish Scraps. For this layout I've chosen to follow along with the current Inspiration board, combining both the colours and the sketch to create a layout that has become one of my new favourites. 

I had to dip into my mixed pattern papers stash for the background border and the pieces of silver dot paper, but the remainder of the products used are all from the D-lish shop.

You can read all about the current Inspiration board HERE, but for now here's a look at the layout I created..


I ended up turning the sketch on its side and following along with a similar design, but adding way more embellishments than I was planning on. Always the way! LOL


I drew inspiration from the circular elements, the floral 'clusters' and definitely the middle layer of the cake... YUM!

In the main cluster of the layout I've combined 2 different flowers - Magnolias & forget-me-not, a sequin bowflair button, a journal itcreative cutsKinder Kreations geometric heart, Glitter enamel dots and 2 pieces from a past Just add paper kit - the Tassel & veneer heart that I've covered in glitter. 


I repeated the smaller flowers down on the bottom layer along with another veneer heart covered in glitter, enamel dots and a strip of washi also from the JAP kit.

Another Creative Cuts piece used for a title, popped up off the page with my hot glue gun and roughly drawn around the edge for a little definition..


For the top of the photo area I've used more repetition of products combined in the other clusters, with the inclusion of a Bitty Bow clip and a journal it tab that I've had in my stash for as long as I've been a DT member (which is a very very long time in some books lol) 

And lastly a printed tag with hidden journalling, tucked under the photo and a white lace doily peeking out from underneath too.

Well that's all from me today. Be sure to share with us if you create something inspired by our Inspiration Board. Remember it doesn't necessarily have to be a layout, it can be a card, home decor item, OTP project or even a Project Life spread. As long as you stick with the colour palette then you're good to go! Here's the LINK again to the main Inspiration Board post incase you missed it earlier. 

Until next time, happy Scrapping!
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x