Thursday, May 11, 2017

This Makes me Happy | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi Everyone, I'm back here today with a new layout featuring the beautiful Wild at Heart collection for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. With Mothers Day only a few short days away, I thought it would be a good time to document a sweet photo of Leila and I, with a note documenting how thankful I am to be her Mum.



I don't always make an appearance in photos with Leila, as Im usually the one thats taking them, but those that I do appear in I will cherish forever. This was taken early last year and has been a favourite ever since and was the perfect photo to use for a mother themed layout.

The design of the layout was actually based off an older layout I created last year, I really liked the way it fell together back then so I wanted to try and recreate something similar. I've used a 4 x 12 inch strip of the Double Dot paper across the white cardstock and then layered pieces of Grow WildPatchwork, B side of Double Dot & both sides of Fussy Cuts under the photo.  I've also added in a doily from my stash (a regular staple that makes an appearance on many of my layouts) and raised the stack using a piece of foam sheet for dimension.

Next I added all the fun bits...



Stickers and smaller banner die cuts are perfect to add to the top of a layout and to the top of a photo. Little details that finish a layout off..



To create my large cluster I've layered pieces from the Ephemera pack along with a flair button, a rubber charm and some more stickers from the accessory sticker sheet. The flair button and This makes me Happy piece also work as a small title for the page.






Lastly the mini cluster at the bottom of the layout, made using pieces of Patchwork & Fussy Cuts papers, more die cut ephemera, a label stickerrubber charm and some of my favourite glitter enamel dots.

Thats all from me today. Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope this has given you a dose of inspiration heading into the upcoming weekend. I hope you all have a great end to this week, and a very enjoyable Weekend xx

Until Next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x