Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Owlette & Batbear | Cocoa Vanilla Studio



Hello! I'm back today to share a new layout with you all featuring the awesome new 'You ROCK' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I've challenged myself to use this collection with photos of Leila as I'm very limited in boy photos to scrap. I think I've done well in showing that it's more than just a Boy collection. Let's see what you think..



I've chosen to document a few cute photos of Leila and her class bear playing dress ups. This was taken just after she arrived home from her cousins PJ Masks birthday party, when she was sporting a cute new Owlette face mask. Henry the bear was in need of a mask, so her Bat Girl mask was the perfect choice! I felt the colours in this new collection were also a perfect choice for these photos as they blended well together, and the fun words on the die cuts suited the super hero type theme I was looking for.


I've used the 'In-line' paper for the background, for its nice subtle grey and white messy paint stripes, and mixed in some pieces of 'This way' and 'Night Sky' under the photo. I've also cut multiple stars from the 'Starshine' paper and scattered them in a diagonal design across the page.



To add to the diagonal design I've used some circular die cut ephemera pieces, along with some smaller stars and either stitched or stapled in place for a little added detail.


I've also added a couple of fun rubber charms to both the photo and top cluster of the page. These are such a cool new style of embellishment that we've also seen in the last collection, that brings a different element to a layout.



I've tucked in some work stickers from the Accessory sticker sheet and added some enamel dots to finish off the scattered clusters


Then lastly a mixed title using some older alphabet stickers from the Hello Lovely collection and some typed journalling, plus some splatters of black mist to finish it all off.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop in and take a look. I hope this has inspired in you some way to think outside the collection and allow yourself to be open to the endless possibilities each collection has.

Until Next time, Happy Scrapping!

Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x