Saturday, February 11, 2017

Be Still My Heart | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi Everyone! It's Michelle here today and I'm OH SO excited to be sharing my first layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio as a new Design Team member. With February being the month of LOVE, the team at Cocoa Vanilla Studio have been sharing love themed inspiration with you all. My layout is documenting the little one I love and features the beautiful Love Always collection. This collection is simply stunning with a beautiful soft colour palette and some stunning florals. Both I find are perfect for scrapping those we love, especially when they're so cute!


To start the layout I've backed most of the open pieces of a heart shaped cut file using pattern papers from the collection. I've used the B side of the Bouquet and Note to Self papers, plus both sides of the Class Act paper. Then, I've adhered the entire heart shape to the B side of the Frolic paper using some foam sheets to give the layout some dimension. I really like using large cut files and popping them up off the page to create interest, as it gives ample places to tuck little clusters underneath.


Speaking of clusters.. Who loves ephemera packs just as much as I do? So many beautiful pieces perfect for layering in clusters, especially those florals. They have a special place in my heart, and feature on nearly every page made using Cocoa Vanilla Studio products. The beauty of this collection is that there's both a die cut ephemera pack, plus a vellum accents pack! SO many beautiful pieces to group together


I adhere most pieces within a cluster using a mix foam dots to pop them up off the page, glue or even tiny staples to add a little extra detail. And, I almost always finish a cluster off using glitter dots or puffy stickers


I love documenting photos of this cute little face! Its hard to believe that she's now 6, has just started school and is growing up so fast!. Time certainly flies quick, so I'm documenting as much as I can while she still lets me. I've kept the photos in black and white so not to clash with the beautiful colours in the collection. I've kept the layers simple with no photo mat, and only a small group of ephemera in a cluster to give balance to the layout.


Lastly I added a little typed journalling, and some machine stitching around the edges of the layout for a finishing touch. Sewing has become quite a regular feature on my layouts, I love the extra little detail it adds to a page.

That's all from me today. Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my first official post as a Cocoa Vanilla Studio DT Member. It's been a pleasure sharing this with you, and I hope its inspired you in some way. If you've still not got your hands on this collection, you really must! It's absolutely stunning, and perfect for scrapping those we love.
Until next time, happy scrapping!
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x