Sunday, November 27, 2016

Always beYOUtiful | D-lish Scraps

Hey Everyone! I'm back today with a new layout share for D-lish Scraps featuring this months Just Add Paper Kit - Peacock Parade. I really loved the colours within this kit and knew that they'd challenge me, in a good way. These kits are perfect for creating with, especially when you might be needing a mojo boost! 

Here's what I came up with..


I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to scrap with this kit until I came across this photo of Leila from 2013. She was trying to take the phone from me while I was taking photos, which resulted in a 'selfie'. I've scrapped the photo before, and wasn't happy with the end result. I'm so much happier with this! Must be the Kit and products within it that made it all the more special! 😉


I started the layout with a white background and some messy stitching around the edges, then made my own pattern paper using the washi tape and white cardstock. The photo stack was layered with the coloured doily from the kit, a white doily from the store and a piece of the journalling card from the kit popping out of the top layers.


Next up I worked on the pieces tucked into and around the photo, starting with this cluster of goodness. Its made using the amazing die cuts, an exclusive flair button and matching 'date' journal it, a super pretty metal peacock with some twine, paper and satin flowers, sequins and a resin dot

The title itself was an experiment that I thought turned out all wrong. I used multiple layers of glitter paste and gelatos with an ombre effect that turned out quite pretty. I also added some puffy alpha stickers above to add to the title, sewed down to keep them in place forever!


In this cluster I used the remaining journal its, and the packaging label together, including a bright purple sequin bow for added sparkle, another flair button, paper and satin flower, resin dot and sequin. Lastly I added a sprinkling of Teal coloured Color Shine, some watered down gelatos in random spots around the page, and multiple mini glitter enamel dots. Love them! Wish the mini size came in a pack by themselves!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be sure to share what you've made with us over in the D-lish Scraps 'Scrap Suite' on Facebook! We love seeing your creations!

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x