Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Sweet & Wonderful | The Cut Shoppe

Hi Everyone! Its been a few days between layout shares, so I'm back today with something new! I've used my favourite of all the cut files released this year from The Cut Shoppe, and the last remnants of the super pretty Cocoa Vanilla Studio Free Spirit Collection. 


I really love the Hello Hearts cut file and couldn't help but use it again for this layout. It's not often that Leila and I are in a photo together, and even though she's not too happy about it, I just had to document it. To make the cut file piece I duplicated the traced image and welded them all together to create one larger strip. Once cut out I attached it to the pattern paper using only my tiny attacher, then  I re-cut around the edges of the design. I could have saved time by cutting the pattern paper pieces out on the silhouette also, but I was enjoying a crop day with friends at the time so I had to hand cut.


Here's some close ups..

I really like the extra definition the cut file gave the page from not gluing it down to the pattern paper. I also popped it up off the page using some adhesive foam tape.


I even snuck in an extra cut piece to the right of the photo to tie it all together. This design works so well with the other die cuts from the Free Spirit collection

And lastly lots of messy stitching around the edges just for fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be sure to check out the new release files within The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store, and dont forget to share your creations with us!

Until Next Time, Happy Scrapping
Michelle x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x