Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Blanket Forts | Scrap the Girls

Hello Hello!! Exciting news to share today!!


WOO HOO!! I'm so honoured to have been chosen to join this amazing team! Monthly challenges (sketch and mood boards) teamed with ONLY scrapping layouts of Girls?? Easy! That's what I love to do ;)

Today I'm sharing the first layout I've made as part of the team, and this month we were given a Mood Board to be inspired by..

I love this colour palette as it's not one I tend to use for layouts very often, if at all. However I'm quite drawn to these colours for their cool tones with a tiny POP of sunshine. From the design side of the board, I was inspired by the flowers and the top right design, so I wanted to blend these into the design of my page.

I chose a photo of Leila that was easy to edit and print in black and white, so as not to clash with the colour scheme I was using. It's one of my recent favourites of her, being cute as she normally is


To start I chose a 12 x12 file from the Silhouette library software to use on the left side of my layout. I turned it on a diagonal and cropped most of it off to create a strip. I backed this with multiple different pattern papers from many different 6x6 paper pads I've been hoarding for quite some time... I'm bad at that lol. 


Next I gathered some floral cut file pieces from my Cocoa Vanilla Studio cut file stash (linked at bottom of the post) and backed these with more co-ordinating papers. I kept some of these plain for layering. 


Next up I dipped into my stash of 'hoarded' alphabet stickers, some I've had in my collection for almost 5 years!! Crazy, yet useful when you need a certain type of alphabet ;)


Lastly I scattered some embellishments from my D-lish Scraps stash and called it done.

Love how it turned out! I'm really enjoying creating with cut files lately. They really get the creativity flowing, and can add that perfect touch of dimension to a page.

I'm so excited to be part of this team for the next few months! Be sure to head to the Scrap the Girls blog to see the rest of the teams creations and see whats on offer for this months winner..

For now, Happy Scrapping
Michelle x



Cocoa Vanilla Studio cut file can be found HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x