Sunday, May 3, 2015

Make a Wish...

Hello fellow Crafters
Im back today with another D-Lish Scraps layout share.

This layout works well for a current D-lish Scraps Cyber crop Challenge . 
To make a layout using a handmade or altered embellishment. 
More details can be found within The Scrap Suite on Facebook

Ive tried out a fun technique for the background that involves using plastic packaging (like the mini bags that D-lish goodness are packed in) and watercolours.
The idea is to paint the plastic with watercolour then press it randomly onto the paper 
(Until now I didn't realise that this could have been a techniques post - apologies)

Once the watercolours were dry, I grabbed my most favourite pot of mixed media fun - Whipped Spackle and a Scrap Fx stencil. The one I used is currently sold out, but there are plenty of others to choose from. 

I also added some clear gesso spots mixed with holographic glitter, then a few random splatters of Gold color shine. 

To make the Title I've used a Journal it from the Light Blue Monochrome Pack, some older Heidi Swapp alphas and my own hand writing. Embellishments used above are a Bitty Bloom, a resin Forget Me Not and a wooden Butterfly

I've used 2 doilies from the shop on the page, a Pink Polka Dot doily under the photo, and a smaller doily that Ive made into a pinwheel with a D-lish Flair. An addition of the 'details' tab from the Light Blue Journal Its Monochrome pack and a polka dot wooden button (no longer in stock) to finish the cluster off.

Lastly another tab from the Light Blue Journal Its Monochrome pack, a mini wooden peg to hold it all together and a cute mini bow 

I really enjoyed creating this page. The background technique was so much fun! I can't wait to try it again.

Thanks for stopping by, more to share tomorrow.
Happy Scrapping
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x