Thursday, March 19, 2015

Selfie Addicts

Hey Everyone
Sharing another page I made using the Scrappy Canary Brave Scrapbook kit for the March Sketch Challenge. 

These challenges are so much fun, and can be interpreted in so many ways. 

A reminder of the sketch for you (Challenge has now closed)

Ive kept the same grid style sketch but changed it up slightly with the way I've blocked it out
I joined a couple of my squares together to form rectangles along the top and bottom, and made a photo mat with 2 papers from the Brave scrapbook kit under my square photos. 

I've used some old Heidi Swapp alphas with some color shine rather than the thickers in the kit, as I felt the others were to loud for this layout

Minimal embellishing using stickers from the kit in clusters

And for something a little different for me.. I used an old dusty typewriter for my journalling
It reads
We seem to take so many selfies lately... 
But, if thats the only way I can get a photo of you, i will take it. 
Plus... its also lots of fun

I finished the page off with some machine stitching along random edges of pattern papers, and the full border of the white cardstock. I also matted the entire page to the "Brave" pattern paper

Thats all from me today, be sure to keep an eye out over the next few days for some exciting Scrappy news :)

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Scrapping
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x