Friday, January 2, 2015

January Inspiration Board for D-Lish Scraps

Hello! Happy New Year
I hope you all have a safe and fun end to 2014 and a fresh and happy start to 2015

Today Im sharing the new Inspiration Board for D-Lish Scraps

Tutti Fruitti - Fun, bright, bold & Fruity! This board reminds us all of SUMMER!


I took my inspiration from the bright pops of colour, and that multicoloured fruit (bottom left corner) reminded me of the many 'pie chart' style pages Ive seen filling up the www throughout 2014. I just new what I wanted to achieve for this page.

To make the Pie chart I made a rough circular template with some card and cut it into sections. I then attacked a pile of Bags in various colours and patterns that complimented not only the photo I chose, but the inspiration board colour palette. I've added in some vellum and a doily from my stash to soften the bright pops of colour slightly and to add some more dimension to the page. 
I filled in some of the blank white space to the right of the page by using some 'Whipped Spackle' and a new Scrap FX stencil from the store. And lastly the clusters of embellishments, Journal It's a sprinkling of Freckled fawn dots and some splatters of Color Shine..

A close up of the smaller cluster

and one of the larger cluster of D-Lish goodness

And a side view to show the texture of the whipped spackle I used with the Scrap FX stencil

Products used within this layout from D-Lish Scraps

Journal It's - Mixed Ticket Tabs
Paper Flowers - Bitty Blooms Rainbow Mix
Freckled Fawn - Arrow Clips - Rainbow Mix, Ombre Dots, Star Clips - Classic
Skipping5 puffy things - Heart Bubbles, Circle Phrase
Little Birdie - Burlap Butterflies

Other items used 
White Cardstock, Vellum, Studio Calico Doily & Color Theory paper
Whipped Spackle, American Crafts POW glitter paper, Project Life Date Stamp & Black ink
Heidi Swapp Color Shine (Amethyst), Tiny Attacher & Staples

Thanks for Stopping by
Happy Crafting xx



1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x