Monday, August 11, 2014

Scrapping with friends - a birthday treat

At the end of June I spent almost an entire week celebrating my 30th birthday. 
On one of those days, I was lucky enough to spend some time crafting with friends. 
Raquel, my best and oldest friend, had organised for a few of us to get together for lunch and some crafting time. Little did I know it was also to spoil me with cakes and flowers. 

I was super productive in the few hours that I spent there, churning out 4 layouts!!
First up to share today is
Jumping in MUDDY PUDDLES
Inspired by some recent experimenting with distress inks and water, I made the background by slathering my ink all over my craft mat, spraying with some water, placing the paper over the water/ink then holding it up to let it run down the page. Ive then added some gesso into random places using a honeycomb mask that was in my stash. After that dried I smeared some yellow gelato over the top. 
Once I was happy with the background, I layered up random pieces of pattern paper from the Hello Sunshine collection by Pink Paislee. Added in a couple of 3x4 cards from the journalling card set, then a few of the stickers and ephemera from the same collection. A title made from Heidi Swapp colour magic alphas, coloured in with distress ink and I was done.

Next is
HELLO CUTIE although I don't think that is actually its title, as its not 100% finished. 
Another Pink Paislee collection - Hello Kid. Ive used the girly papers and embellishments for this page, along with some white cardstock, vellum and my favourite Studio Calico doily.. This was a super quick layout to make. One that I didnt have to think about to much once started.

I then moved onto this layout, while consuming THE BEST mini cakes I have EVER tasted…
YOU ARE FABULOUS
Another super quick layout made with the Daily Stories collection by Teresa Collins. Ive used 2 of the pattern papers from the collection plus some vellum. To add some dimension to the page Ive used some of the butterfly stickers to pop them up off the page. All other lettering and stickers are from the 2 sticker sheets from the same range.

And last of all
HAPPY MESSY FUN
This was made from another A Piece of Cake Designs kit that I've been hoarding in my collection lol
Featuring plenty of Amy Tangerine goodness! Ive layered up strips of glitter tape, pattern paper, journalling cards, an APOCD wood veneer card, cardstock frame and called it quits lol It was time to head home so its not completely finished, I'm sure theres more that I can add to it, some journalling along the bottom in strips probably. But anyway the memory is recorded for now.

Thanks again for stopping by, I hope I have inspired you in some way.
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x