Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Cupcakes are fun!

Hello crafty readers!!
Today Im sharing a few layouts Ive created using the May Cupcake Kit from A Piece of Cake Designs 

First up is another scrap lifted layout - this time I was inspired by a layout created by Gina HERE
PLAY DATE
 I loved the gesso, ink and mist splatters that Gina had produced within her layout so I knew I had to scrap lift her page. It was so much fun!! Can you tell?

Up next
ARTIST IN THE MAKING
This layout is all about the layers
Layers of white cardstock and pattern papers as a base for the page
Layers of gesso rubbed with yellow gelato and splattered with distress ink 
Layers of vellum, doilies and pattern papers as a photo mat
Embellished with sequins, stickers and alphas from the kit
PERFECTION

And last but never least
BOOK WORM
To make the background.. I splattered the distress ink over a section of my craft mat, then sprayed it with water. This made the ink bead up and instead of stay in 1 puddle. I laid the cardstock over the beading then held it upright to let the ink and water run down the page. While it was drying (because I was impatient) I drew over the inked areas with a yellow gelato and wiped some gesso into random spots. Then I let it dry, for almost a week while we were busy enjoying life.

Once I found my mojo and some spare time, I came back to layer up papers, washi and a doily, while still trying to work out what photo to use. Yes I do create my base pages prior to having photos ready lol

To finish the page off I scattered a few sequins from the kit, added a title with some Heidi Swapp alphas and my handwriting, stamped the date (more than once) and called it done. 

I love how these have all turned out. 
More layout shares to come over the next few days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x