Monday, May 4, 2020

CUT TO YOU | You and Me



Hello friends, heres a look at a new layout I made for CUT to YOU. I chose an older file from the shop 'Love You and Me' the Happiness Collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio and a sweet photo of Leila and I.



I played around with the You & Me design in Silhouette Studio to get the right size to overlap the wreath paper I wanted to use from the CVS Happiness Collection. I cut the design on white cardstock then used a couple of bright pattern papers to back the words, flowers and leaves.



I added come extra pattern paper to the photo stack and adhered this over the & using some foam tape to lift it off the cut file design. I also added a couple of stickers from the collection for an extra pop of colour in that area of the layout.



Originally I had planned to adhere the cut file directly onto the floral wreath pattern paper, but I felt it needed a little extra dimension to really make it pop off the page. Out came my scissors and I fussy cut 3/4 of the wreath from the paper and adhered that to more white cardstock that had been adhered and sewn to another large floral pattern paper from the same collection.



I gave the floral wreath a little extra height off the backing paper by using foam tape to adhere it, then layering the cut file over the top of this using more foam tape for an extra kick of dimension. Love love LOVE dimension on layouts.



Final touches were added using gold colour shine splattered here and there and a couple of glitter dots.



Well thats all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by.

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x