Monday, January 27, 2020

CUT to YOU | Make a Wish



Hello Hello, It's me again. I've gone on a little walk down memory lane for my second layout share for CUT to YOU this month. I've used a photo from a couple years back, an older cut file from the vault and a collection that was released many many moons ago.


I've used the Pinwheel file to compliment a couple of photos I took of Leila a few years back. This can be found in the CELEBRATIONS & FUN section of the shop. I also chose the sweet Life is Beautiful collection for its whimsical feel.


I cut the design out on white cardstock in 3 different pieces. To do this I traced the original design in silhouette studio then released the compound path so that the 2 individual pinwheels were no longer grouped to each other. In order to still keep each pinwheel a whole piece I needed to regroup the pieces back together so that I could still move them as a whole, but also keep tham as 2 separate pieces. Next I copy & pasted the larger of the 2 pinwheels and resized it slightly larger than its original size, thus creating 3 separate pinwheels ready to cut out.


Once the designs were cut I chose the pattern papers and backed the 2 smaller pinwheels, leaving the 3rd plain Jane. I didn't glue the rounded edges completely to the pattern paper as I wanted the lifted edges to give a slight dimensional look rather than flat.

I used the extra pinwheel to fill the white space at either side of the layout as I felt this gave it a soft subtle texture to the once before blank areas. I simply cut the pinwheel in half and glued it down to either edge, and raised certain areas with glue dots


I added frames around the photos and adhered these over the edge of the larger backed pinwheel and created a floral cluster of different elements from the collections ephemera pack.


I balanced out all the colour in the middle of the layout by adding a cluster of similar elements to the top right of the layout


and also continued the large cluster of elements into the bottom left corner


Lastly I added some white alpha stickers to the top and right of the photos to create a title


I sewed through the letters to ensure they stay adhered to the page for years to come, but also because I like adding a little extra texture to a layout here and there.

Well thats all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by the CUT to YOU blog today. Be sure to check out whats new in store if you haven't already, theres a new release of cut files not too far away also!

Until Next time, Happy Scrapping
Michelle x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x