Saturday, January 18, 2020

CUT to YOU | Grade 2


Hello Everyone, I'm back with my first layout share of the year for CUT to YOU. Cannot believe were already almost 3 weeks into this new year. Time flies way too quick thats for sure! Todays layout features one of our newest cut files for the month - Grade School - and I've combined that with the awesome You Rock collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. Both the cut file and collection are perfect for documenting some first and last day of school photos of Leila in 2019.


I only cut 2/3rds of the actual cut file out on white cardstock. I did this in a couple of steps that work best for me that I will run through below, others may have a different way of going about this.


To begin I opened the file within silhouette studio, resized to fit the grid then traced the entire image. Thinking back now I could have made it a whole lot quicker and less steps if I had just traced over the part of the image that I wanted to cut out. Silly me HAHA


Next I slowly erased the areas that I didn't want to cut out using the eraser tool, set to 'outline' in square form and the biggest size it will go. This meant that parts of the bottom of the file weren't joined together and I needed to hand cut them off the cardstock after cutting out on the silhouette. I don't mind doing this as it was pretty straight forward.


Once the file was cut and ready to go I backed each letter of the word GRADE using different pattern papers that complimented both the background paper and photos of Leilas first and last days of school in 2019.


I backed the number 2 with some red stars to signify the grade of school for the year, then backed all the numbers with vellum. The entire cut file piece is raised off the background paper using foam tape for slight dimension.


I added extra stars to the layout and a few extra embellishments but not too many as I wanted the photos and cut file to be the hero of the layout.

I really like how this layout came together, and cant wait to continue the tradition of first and last day photos in the years to come.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, be sure to check out whats NEW in store and even sign up for our newsletter - theres a FREEBIE included every issue.

Until next time, happy scrapping
Michelle x








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x