Thursday, July 4, 2019

CUT to YOU | Lets Party

Hello fellow Crafters! I'm back here today with my very first layout share for Cut to You! I am so unbelievably EXCITED to be here sharing my work with you all, so lets get straight into it..



As this month is the very first birthday for Cut to You I thought Id create something that follows along with that theme, and ties in with our newest Inspiration Board. Such a sweet colour palette to create with. So Inspiring!


There are a couple of new files this month that are PERFECT for documenting a birthday theme, in particular the BALLOONS, and LETS PARTY text. I thought these designs would work wonderfully with the sweet photo of my daughter Leila from her first birthday party.



I started the layout by creating the large title using the LETS PARTY text (shown below) and resized it to approximately 8.5x4.5 inches in silhouette studio, then cut it out on white cardstock. Next I cut the backing piece out of pattern paper by only choosing the outline of the cut file. I find this is the easiest way to back a cut file if you're only using 1 pattern paper.


I also added some more sparkly gold glitter and a complimentary pattern paper to these hearts.


Next I worked on the balloons by following the same techniques as I did with the title piece. Resizing and cutting the main file using white cardstock, editing the file in silhouette studio to only show the main outlines and re-cutting using the gold glitter paper to back the detailed parts of the balloons. I also backed the 2 rounder balloons with some vellum for a softer feel.


I arranged the balloons around the title and photo stack and adhered using some foam tape and glue dots to give them some dimension.


Tucked in a few ephemera pieces to add detail and balance to the layout, and a sprinkling of gold colour shine to add some finishing touches.


Well thats all for me and my very first share. I hope you like it!
Until next time, Happy Scrapping

Michelle x












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x