Thursday, July 18, 2019

CUT to YOU | Absolutely Magical

Hello Scrappy Friends I'm back here today with my next layout share for CUT to YOU! This was the very first layout I created for CUT to YOU that I've been bursting to share with you all. Inspired by so many wonderful rainbow effect layouts created by others and featuring the sweet Floral Frame 01 cut file 

I've chosen a sweet photo of my daughter Leila from Easter Time, reading to us from her Christmas Jokes book. What a laugh that was!

To begin this layout I went straight to Silhouette Studio to cut my file using white cardstock. I kept the file quite large so that it would fill a majority of the 12x12 paper background without taking over too much.

I chose a collection that I've been hoarding for quite a few months - Whimsical by Paige Taylor Evans. This was purely for the rainbow assortment of block colours which are perfect for backing all the florals within this cut file design.


I started with the purple hues and worked my way around the cut file finishing off with greens and blues. I chose the darker of the hues for the large 4 piece floral and the lighter for the smaller flowers and leaf stems. I also added in some extra non backed pieces as subtle layers within the clusters


I've raised the entire cut piece off the pattern paper background with LOADS of foam tape. I really like the dimension effect foam tape gives to a layout without bulking it up too much. This allows plenty of space to tuck in embellishments for extra pops of colour and layers. Love me some layers!


In the middle of the frame I added the photo and layered tags and pieces of pattern paper that compliment the side of the frame that they're touching. I added strips of text to create my title rather than using big alphas. This made it blend all together helping the photo and cutfile become the heroes on the page rather than a massive title.


Lastly a sprinkling of enamel dots from Cocoa Vanilla Studio, a splattering of gold Colour Shine, some handwritten journalling, date stamp and some machine stitching around the edges and I called it done.



Thank you so much for stopping by today! Make sure you stop by the CUT to YOU store to check out all the new files that have just been released. And if you're not already aware - we have a little community group on Facebook where we welcome you to share all your creations using all the fun CTY cut files you've used!

Until Next time, Happy Scrapping 

Michelle xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x