Thursday, October 11, 2018

Make a Wish | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hello Hello, I'm back with a new layout to share with you for Cocoa Vanilla Studio as part of our 'Throwback Thursday' feature. As you are probably aware our Throwback Thursday posts usually feature collections from our past or a particular product that we've not shared for quite some time. For todays post I have used my favourite and most used collection - Make a Wish, and made a feature of the Wood Veneers from the collection. 



The Make a Wish collection is PERFECT for documenting ALL the special birthday moments and so many other sweet memories. As I've used plenty of it for Leila I thought it was time I found a 'new' subject to scrap, and what better timing than my sweet little niece's first birthday. SO CUTE!

To start the layout I've used the 12x12 piece of PARTY MIX paper as the background and layered the photos off centre before going a little crazy with layering ephemera and veneer pieces to create one massive 'cluster' of sorts.



This sweet girl is such a little sweetheart, and that toothy grin is THE BEST! 

Now we all know I'm not one to go too crazy with mixed media so I chose to keep all the wood veneer raw. I also felt that if I changed the colour of it, they would become lost within the mix of embellishments and then they'd no longer be much of a feature. I did add a little hint of glitter to each piece using a glitter brush but unfortunately it only shows up in person. 



I tucked most of the veneer pieces in under the die cut ephemera , but a few were added it straight onto the photos to give more dimension and texture



Seriously that little face is pure perfection!!! 



And I have I mentioned how much I am still LOVING the floral pieces from this collection.. Layered with dimensional dots and folded slightly to add even more dimension.



Lastly I finished the layout with a small cluster of more ephemera, an accessory sticker and one last veneer piece to give balance to the layout. 

I really enjoyed creating this layout and dipping into some older stash.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Until next time, Happy ScrappingMichelle x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x