Sunday, March 25, 2018

You love SNAPCHAT | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hello Hello! I'm back today to share my newest layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio. Our focus this week is on all things paper, and what better way to showcase all that wonderfulness than with the oh so sweet More than Words collection, and a few adorable photos of my  sweet girl.



We all know you can't start a layout without some form of paper product, and that there are a multitude of ways to create with it. But when it came to making something 'spectacular' for this feature, I honestly couldn't think of one particular technique that I've not tried before to create something different. So rather than sit and procrastinate for weeks on end like I've been known to do lately, I blame work HAHA, I combined a few different ideas that I've used on previous layouts.

It all started with a piece of Darling Buds paper (reverse side of that super pretty floral print I LOVE), some white card stock and a grid design of 2.5 inch squares made from 6x6 papers. Then I've added a couple photos,  a bunch of circular punched elements from both sizes of papers, some fussy cut flowers from the Sketchbook paper, a handful of ephemera pieces, stickers and enamel shapes.



I added some machine stitching around all the squares as a little added detail, and popped all three photos up off the layout with some foam tape. I tucked in a few flowers around this sweet photo to create a mini cluster of sorts. Just too cute!



Now this photo - totally staged after bribery. By this point in time Leila had given up and wanted to get back to her drawing and book creating, but Mumma was having too much fun with all the new filters HAHA Im glad I 'persuaded' her to continue on, as I would have missed this adorable photo opportunity.



Another group of circular elements = a new fave way to create clusters... multiple circles of sweet pattern papers grouped around a super cute photo with a fussy cut flower. love!



Lastly I added one final cluster to the bottom right corner using pattern papers from other groups within the layout. I find that creating repetitive elements on a layout helps to create a sense of balance and flow. Both of these are needed when there is so much going on pattern wise within one layout.

I also added some alphas from the Love Always collection to create my title and then splattered gold ink and called it done.

Well thats all from me today, I hope you've been inspired by what I've created.

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x