Saturday, November 25, 2017

Thankful for you | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hello! I'm back here today with a new layout share for Cocoa Vanilla Studio as part of the fun Thankful theme we have happening this week. I have many things to be thankful for so it was hard to settle on just one for this theme, but for this special topic I've chosen a sweet selfie and scrapped it using the Beautiful Bohemian Dream collection!




This girl right here, which most of you know as the super talented and lovely Raquel Bowman from our Design Team, is one of my oldest and dearest friends. Over 28 years and still going strong, well at least I think so HAHA So many reasons to be thankful for her and the friendship we have, and now the friendship that our little ones have with each other. Wouldn't change a thing!

For the layout itself I knew I wanted to layer up a few different papers with a quote card, some hidden journaling and a few mini clusters of pretty bits. I was considering bringing them together into a grid form, but felt it was too much pattern for my simple and fresh style. So I kept it simple with the layers of papers, photo and quote card with hidden journalling slightly above centre on the layout with a mixed element title below. I added mini clusters diagonally across from each other using similar elements and a smaller cluster with some strips of pattern papers along the bottom edge.




Papers used under the photo are some of my most favourite from the Bohemian Dream collection, such bright happy colours  are the best way to document this precious photo. We don't take many selfies together as they just never seem to look right plus we're usually too focused on the moments lived rather than the photos taken, which is quite funny when we are both avid scrapbookers and life documenters! Papers chosen are the WILD & FREE, FLOWER CHILD, GYPSY HEART, KALEIDOSCOPE, ABUNDANT and BOHO BITS.




Love this quote, and though it was just perfect for this layout. No other words needed, although I did add plenty in some hidden journalling under the card. You can find this quote card on the BOHO BITS paper, and that big thick floral piece is from the chipboard stickers set



Oh so mushy lol I don't tell people enough, how much that I am thankful for them, but hopefully these words will suffice. I added a few ephemera pieces to the inside of the card along with the typed words to add some colour




I created the title using pieces from other collections and a handwritten word. The alpha stickers are from the Totally Rad Collection, I dulled the colour down using some white gesso so they didn't stand out too much. There are so many different forms of alpha stickers to choose from in store, you can find them all HERE with all the other stickers available from all collections. The 'You' is from the Wild at Heart wood veneers pack that I left raw.




Lastly I added a couple of paper strips from offcuts to the bottom of the page along with a label sticker, perfect for adding the date to, some other word stickers, a floral ephemera piece and some enamel dots.

Well thats all from me and my gushy mushiness this week! Thanks so much for stopping by, hopefully my OTT words about my best friend hasn't made you feel too ill LOL

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!

Michelle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x