Friday, August 11, 2017

Hello Mister Rad | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hello scrappy friends! It's Michelle back today with a new layout share featuring the fun masculine You ROCK collection. For this layout I've actually gone for a full on boy theme, including a fun photo of my sweet Nephew. I really should scrap more photos of him and all the funny faces he makes!



I started the layout by trimming down my cardstock to layer over the "Galactic" paper leaving a thin dark border around 3 edges of the layout. Next I worked on the main focal point of the layout by gathering scraps from previous layouts, arranging them randomly under the photo and cutting a couple of the bottoms into banner/fishtails. The papers used are This WayStripped & Night Sky .


To the left of the photo I've arranged a few die cutsstickers and pieces from the "Random" cut apart paper to create layers and my title. I also added in some fussy cut stars from the "Starshine" paper and stapled them down to keep them in place.



As I do with most of my layouts, I've raised the photo and its layers up with some foam. I really like the dimension it gives to my layouts and the shadowing does help to make things stand out a little more.


Under all the layers I added some small strips of the fun new decorative Washi Tape. This added a little extra colour where it was needed to help balance the colours around the page. I popped a rubber charm onto the photo and a flair button to the right, layered over a tag sticker from the accessory sticker sheet.


I didn't want to add too much to the remainder of the layout so I created a simple cluster at the bottom left corner using another fussy cut star, some stickers, die cut pieces from the ephemera pack and then scattered some of the enamel dots around the different clusters to tie it all together.


Lastly a few lines of typed journalling and a splattering of black ink and the layout was complete.

Well, thats all from me today. I hope this has inspired you in some way to get creative with this fun masculine collection.

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!

Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x