Thursday, November 24, 2016

SUPERDAD | Masters Challenge 9 - Design Issue

Hey Scrappy Friends!! I thought I'd share a quick layout that was published a few months back in Scrapbooking Memories Magazine. 

This was a Masters Challenge for the 'Design Issue' where we were able to use what ever we liked, and do what ever we wanted! AWESOME!! Creative freedom.. Well, turns out its not so easy to choose something to document, or products to use when you have such freedom. In the end I decided on a masculine Dad theme, as I knew it was going to be published around the time of Fathers Day here in Australia, and it was the perfect opportunity to scrap these photos of Clinton and Leila together.


I chose a background design cut file from The Cut Shoppe, that features a fun 'cut and fold' chevron design, and backed it with papers from the Totally Rad collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I sewed all the pieces down to create a flatter background, but also to add a little more detail to the page.


I used a range of paper pieces from the same collection under the photos, and embellished in clusters along a slight diagonal line across the page. 



This card from the cut apart sheet was perfect for a statement piece on the page, and complimented the theme of the photos just right!



Lastly I created the title out of Alpha stickers and ephemera pieces and called it done!

I hope this has given you some form of inspiration! Until Next time.. 
Happy Scrappin' 
Michelle x

PS. The Cut file used is the Cheeky Chevron 12x12 and can be found HERE in The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x