Friday, May 27, 2016

So Very Happy | Masters Challenge 4 - Pion Design

Hello Hello
Im back today with some close ups of the 4th Masters Challenge for Scrapbooking Memories Magazine. The sponsor for this challenge was Pion Design


They sent us the Paris Flea Market Collection to create with which was super pretty, and very vintage looking. It was a little tricky to start with, as the collection only consisted of papers. But by making my own 'embellishments', and fussy cutting items from papers I was still able to showcase the products as best as I could.

I think I did ok? What do you think?

I chose a photo of Leila, taken by Sara Taylor photography back in 2011. It feels like only yesterday that she was this little.

The paper designs are quite vintage looking, and reminded me of old fashion quilt fabrics. So with this in mind, I went with a patchwork style layout. I roughed up strips of papers, then layered and sewed them down at the top and bottom of the layout to replicate this look. 

I fussy cut some butterflies and even die cut some with a Kaisercraft die to use as 'embellishments'. I added machine stitching to the die cuts for a little added texture, and popped them up with foam tape for dimension.

Some of the papers had printed tags which were perfect size to cut out and layer between strips, 

and lastly I've added a sweet little sentiment to the top right using vellum and my typewriter.

Thanks so much for stopping by, Next challenge will be up to share very soon!
Happy Scrapping
Michelle x

Collection Supplied - Paris Flea Market
Papers used - Memory Notes, Blue Fabric, Images, Blue lace, 6x6 papers

Other collection used - Sweet Baby

Other - American Crafts cardstock & vellum, doily, Gold colorshine, KaiserCraft butterfly Die, Heidi Swapp word die, October Afternoon alpha stickers, machine stitching, typewriter 

PHOTO CREDIT - Sara Taylor Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x