Friday, October 3, 2014

Nap Time is Bliss with Life Paper Scrapbook

Hello, Hello. Thanks for stopping in today :)
I thought I might share a post that has been in draft form for well over a month!

This is a layout I made for the August Life Paper Scrapbook Mood Board Challenge.
Sadly this was the last challenge for the LPS blog for some time, while creator Manda focuses on her new business Scrappy Canary

This was the mood board for the challenge

I took inspiration from the paint strokes, the blues and gold with a hint of pink

 This, which most of you may have seen on the LPS blog and my instagram account, is what I came up with.  I smeared whipped spackle all over the page, then watered down a few different blue, aqua and teal gelatos plus a smear of gold here and there. While the gold was still wet I sprinkled some gold glitter over the top.

Ive matted the photo onto vellum, a D-Lish Scraps patterned paper bag then onto some POW glitter paper. The shipping tag is tucked into the bag for a journalling spot

 I added another pop of blue with a Heidi Swapp colour magic banner, then slid it under the photo and embellished with a glitter bow from D-Lish Scraps and a couple of enamel dots.

 I found the perfect shade of pink in an old set of Thickers I had stashed away.
The angle of this photo also shows how the whipped spackle sits up off the page rather than flat like gesso does.

Very minimal embellishments added around the page including one of my favourite doilies and an offcut heart from a previous silhouette cut.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope to share more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x