Thursday, January 24, 2013

Project Life 2013 Week 1

Are you ready? I am so excited to share with you all (7 followers lol) my week 1 layout.. I can't share the title page of the album yet as I haven't even made it :/ slack I know! Although I am waiting on my Studio Calico kits to arrive as there are a few cards I would love to use in there.

For this layout I have used the November kit from A Piece of Cake Designs, plus a few random bits from my stash :) LOVE the colours of the papers Raquel had chosen for this one.



I have used a design F page protector on the left and the design A on the right. I'm trying to mix it up this year and use different page protectors rather than just the A's like last year. LOVE how this week has turned out.



Left hand side close up shows all the small pockets of design F. The 'summer days' and 'hello 2013' cards were made by 2 lovely ladies in the Project Life Australia Facebook group as part of our monthly tag swap. I thought they suited this layout quite well. The One little word flair button is from A Piece of Cake Designs also. Raquel has just started designing and making these , which I think are amazing! The 'why hello there' bubble and 123456789 frame are both from studio calico.



Got creative with a confetti pocket on this side of the layout. I saw this somewhere on Pinterest or Facebook or a blog.. Cannot remember exactly, but loved it enough to scrap-lift it! I am absolutely loving confetti pockets at the moment, and sequins and glitter! The Calendar is from In a creative bubble. I printed it onto Kraft using my Epson Picturemate then embellished it. These will be popping up each week as I think they are pretty cool! The selfie of me after mum had coloured my hair for me is a flip pocket. It opens to the left to reveal the finished product and some journalling. Week in review stamp is by Kelly Purkey exclusive for 2peas.



Last but not least, the start of a month isn't complete without an embellished monthly divider. This was my contribution to the tag swap in the PLAustralia group. I glued each sequin added a stamped doily, glitter tape and stamped the bottom, then sewed part of a plain page protector over the top to stop anything from catching, ripping or falling off. I think it turned out great!

Well I hope you like my first week! Week 2 is halfway through, yet I have no idea what kit/ products I will use this time.. Plenty of choice here with my many PL core kits, APOCD & SC kits..

Until next time..
Keep crafting xx


Project Life is a concept designed by Becky Higgins. It is a range that works anyway you want it to. You don't have to embellish your layouts or use any extra products like I do. You can easily record an album full of memories with just a Core Kit, bulk pack of page protectors and a 12x12 Album. I purchase all my core products from Craft House - Exclusive stockist for Australia and New Zealand. 

6 comments:

  1. Your pages are always so amazing! And inspiring, I am on my week one and just coming here I am about to get off my but, start a Doctor Who episode, YES I just said that, and get it done, it's almost time for week 2 after all! Thank you for the inspiration Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kellie :) yep almost end of week 2 which means almost time to get creative again!! Enjoy xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely week Michelle. Your pages are so bright and colouful. Love that you are going to break it up with the different page proctors, I so could not do that. I need the consistency and simplicity (if I ever get around to starting!). Looking forward to seeing how you do your cover page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Casey x it's definitely a lot of fun mixing it up. Can't get bored this way! Try it :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome layout Michelle!
    I can't wait to see what you come up with for the rest of the year...no pressure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara, sorry I thought I had already replied. New post up now xx check out what I've been up too

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x