Tuesday, February 18, 2020

CUT to YOU | BEE my Valentine


Hello Friends, it's new layout share day for CUT to YOU. We had a challenge within our CUT to YOU HQ group on facebook recently - for Group members to choose a certain file that YOU wanted to see shared by our DT on upcoming layouts. One particular file that was mentioned, and I felt was perfect to document during the month of Love was BEE MY VALENTINE.


I LOVE LOVE LOVE how this layout came together using the BEE MY VALENTINE file along with the FLORAL WREATH cut file that I layered underneath. I used the Lucky Us Collection from Pink Paislee to continue to the lovey dove theme I had happening, and a sweet photo of my little family from many moons ago.


To begin the creating process I enlarged both designs in silhouette studio, traced, edited and cut both designs out on plain white cardstock.


Prior to cutting the Bee and title on cardstock I separated the Bee from the letter M so that I could have 2 complete pieces - Bee and Title. I did this by copying the file twice and using the eraser tool (outline selected) to cut the Bee away from the M on one, and the M away from the Bee on the other. This ensured that both the M and the Bee cut out in whole pieces and could be used on different areas of the page.


I backed the bee with papers from the 6x8 pad in the collection I used along with some velum for the wings. I also added a cut apart strip, hearts and stickers to finish the cluster


For the title piece of the cut file I used a text pattern paper for the words and 2 darker pink patterns for the hearts. I also recut the hearts squiggle on more cardstock to give a little extra dimension to the sweet hearts in the middle of the title.


I created a photo stack on a slight angle to the left of the hearts squiggle and added a couple of other heart elements to fill the gaps


I also cut a majority of the leaves off the FLORAL WREATH as they weren't sitting quite right under the title, but I felt the layout needed a circular element to bring it all together. I left the wreath flat on the backing paper and raised the Bee Cutfile and title up off the layout using thin foam tape for that slight lift and dimension.


Well friends thats all from me today. Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed seeing my creation made with a file chosen by YOU. Hopefully it's inspired you to let loose with cut files and to chop them up to work with your creative ideas.


Don't forget to keep an eye out in the CUT to YOU HQ on facebook for future DT Challenges. Its also a place where you can regularly drop in to chat, offer advice and share all things CTY.

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle xx








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x