Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Cocoa Vanilla Studio | You HEART Me


Hello Friends I'm back today with my final share for Cocoa Vanilla Studio during this wonderful month of LOVE . I stepped back in time and used the beautiful More than Words for this lovey dovey share along with a family photo from a few years back. Love the sweet pastel colours within this collection that give a soft feminine feel to the layout.


I chose a fun cut file from CUT to YOU (designed by DT Member Gwen) to use as the main focal point on the layout and backed it with multiple pattern papers from the 6x6 paper pad within this collection. I used a loose rule of 3's for this to ensure I had a good balance of colours and patterns = 3 of each pattern or colour tone spaced out amongst the letters, words and hearts. I backed the entire layout on a 12x12 piece of the COLLAGE paper (reverse side) plus a little pop of the same pattern used as a layer within the photo stack.


I used foam tape to adhere the entire file to the backing cardstock - this gave it a slight pop of dimension off the page.


I adore this photo of us, Leila was so little compared to how giant she feels now. I layered some scrap pieces from previous layouts under the photo stack - nothing goes to waste here! Theres a cluster of sorts formed to the right of the photo using pieces from the ephemera pack. Love the tiny floral bits in this collection.


Another little cluster using similar elements over on the left of the page, incorporating a couple of stickers - one of which was fussy cut from a larger sticker.


Another mini cluster at the top of the layout to finish off the visual triangle I was hoping to achieve with such a 'large and in charge' type of cut file in the background. I really love how it all turned out, and felt it was complete after a sprinkling of my trusty gold colour shine.

Well thats all from me today, short and sweet but straight to the point! I hope you've enjoyed taking a look at my step back in time. I cant wait to see what next month brings - we'll all be creating with the newly released collection - LEGENDARY. Be sure to keep an eye here on the blog and on our other socials - Instagram and Facebook for more creative goodness!

Until next time, Happy Scrapping!
Michelle x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x