Saturday, April 4, 2020

CUT to YOU | Vacay Mode



Hello Crafty friends its Michelle S back here today with a brand new layout share. I chose a cut file design from this months NEW release files - Vacay Mode. Perfect BIG title to use for documenting a few fun snaps from a retreat I went to last year.


Creating this layout had me reminiscing all the fun time we had, but also had me looking forward to a time when we can all enjoy times like those again. Bring on 2021 I say!!

To begin the layout I enlarged the file in Silhouette Studio to fill a majority of the width of a 12x12 layout. I cut the design out on white cardstock then backed sections using pattern papers from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. Most of the collection I used here was Hello Sunshine with the addition of some pink paper from another collection for the hearts.


I backed the letters using a bright floral pattern that gives off a tropical feel similar to the vibes you get at the resort we stayed at. I used a sunburst pattern for the sun, and some pink triangle design paper for the hearts to offset all the orange and yellow.

The entire cut file was adhered to the backing paper using foam adhesive tape for a slight pop of dimension.


I added the photos in a row under the cut file. Only a couple were needed to document this wonderful week away. I added a couple of extra complimentary pattern papers under these to make them stand out along side the large cut file.


The main photo was raised higher than the others using more foam tape and some extra pattern paper layers. You might notice a couple of familiar faces here.


I added a few fussy cut florals to the left and right of the cut file to bring it all together,


and lastly I finished it all off with a splattering of gold colour shine. Faux stitching around the edge is all part of the pattern paper design.

Well fellow crafters, thats all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by to join me in sharing my newest creation. I hope this finds you well, and gives you the boost of inspiration you might be looking for during this time of craziness.


Be sure to check out the CUT to YOU store for all the NEW designs released this month, just like the one Ive used today (shared above). Also, don't forget out Community Group CUT to YOU HQ on facebook, where we can all share anything CTY related.

Until next time, Happy Scrapping
Michelle xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Comments welcome x